Protect My Liquid Assets

by Bruce Givner on March 12, 2011

California Asset Protection Attorney, Bruce Givner talks about the many ways to protect liquid assets. The best way depends on your goals and objectives. Give us a call to establish your asset protection plan before trouble strikes.

The Law Offices of Givner & Kaye, APC. (310) 207-8008

Transferring liquid assets to a tax qualified retirement plan, such as a defined benefit plan or a profit sharing plan sponsored by a corporation, which covers rank and file employees, is a terrific asset protection structure.

California law also protects what are called “private retirement plans” which, when properly structured, can protect even more liquid assets than a qualified plan.

You can transfer liquid assets to a domestic asset protection trust, such as one in Nevada or Alaska. You can transfer liquid assets to a non-U.S. asset protection trust, which is the most protected, because the assets are beyond the reach of a U.S. court.

You can transfer liquid assets to a limited liability company in a state that has charging order protection, or to a California LLC in which your children’s trust has an interest and which has a carefully drafted operating agreement.

These are just a few of the possibilities. To consider the full spectrum of possibilities in protecting your liquid assets and to develop a bulletproof asset protection plan contact Givner & Kaye. (310) 207-8008

Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: