Thursday Insights Series
November 6 - Conservatorships & Elder Abuse - An Introduction
Owen Kaye, Esq.
Givner & Kaye, A Professional Corporation
Stay current in all matters of asset protection, estate planning and tax planning with our Thursday Insights. Receive free expert tax advice, tips and strategies to help you stay ahead of the trend.
Our MCLE & CE accredited series is held in our office, and available by webinar and video, on the 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm. The series are a collaborative forum for professionals - attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors - to share uncommon knowledge, insights and practical "know how".
If you would like to access the audio recordings and/or view the handout materials from past seminars,
please contact us at 310-207-8008 or email us.
To view the SlideShares from our past seminars, please click here.
- January 16: Captives and Cash - How Captive Insurance Companies and Cash Balance Plans Can be Used as Powerful Tools to Build Wealth and Provide Other Advantages for Business Owners
- February 6: Family Limited Partnerships. View SlideShare
- February 20: Fisher Investments’ 2014 Capital Markets Outlook
- March 6: Introduction To Asset Protection Planning
- March 20: LLCs: Beyond The Basics
- July 3: Section 355 Spin-Offs: How to Get Rid of a “Bad” Relative or Owner. What are the Rules? Are Private Letter Rulings Available? Case Studies
- July 17: IRS Section 1031 Exchanges - The Problem Of Drop & Swaps
- August 21: Section 482 - Transfer Pricing Problems and International Tax Planning Opportunities
- September 4: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Post-Mortem Planning but Were Afraid to Ask
- September 18: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Insurance Trusts but Were Afraid to Ask
- October 2: Year-End Tax Income Tax Planning Strategies - It's Not Too Late
- October 16: Capital Gains Tax Planning Strategies - All of Them
- November 6: Conservatorships & Elder Abuse - An Introduction
- November 20: IRS National Office Private Letter Rulings (and the California Equivalents).
- December 4: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Controlled Foreign Corporations and Subpart F Income But Were Afraid to Ask
- December 18: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Public Charities and Private Foundations But Were Afraid to Ask
- January 17: Five Biggest Mistakes of International Trade
- February 7: Your Personal Federal Income/Estate Tax Controversy - Audit To Appeal to Court
- February 21: What I Did on My Summer Vacation - I Double My Portfolio Yield Using Stock Options!
- March 21: Federal Tax Collection Procedures: How To Defend Yourself Or Your Clients When The IRS Is Trying To Collect Past Due Taxes
- May 2: Is Now a Good Time to Sell Your Business?
- May 16: Tax Free Retirement
- June 6: Crossing Borders - A Primer on International Taxation for Individuals. View SlideShare
- June 20: Safer, Bigger, More Tax Efficient Retirement
- July 18: You’ve Become The Trustee!! Now What? View SlideShare
- August 15: Tax And Economic Benefits of Oil & Gas Drilling Partnerships
- September 19: Liability Insurance Policies - Hidden Assets, The Mysteries Revealed
- October 3: Health Care Reform Goes Live - The Affordable Care Act In Fiscal Year 2014
- October 17: Everything You Wanted To Know About Grantor (“Defective”) And Other Irrevocable Trusts But Were Afraid To Ask. View SlideShare
- November 7: Trends In Aging: “Aging Ain’t What It Used To Be”
- November 21: Everything You Wanted To Know About Living Trusts But Were Afraid To Ask
- December 5: Latest Updates On Asset Protection Planning
- January 19: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Family Trusts, But Were Afraid to Ask. View SlideShare
- February 2: The 10 Most Common Flaws in Estate Planning and How to Spot Them. View SlideShare
- February 16: Attractive Real Estate Investments During the Current Economy
- March 1: Tax Problems Faced By Real Estate Professionals and Investors
- March 15: ESOPs
- May 3: Retirement Planning for Business Owners
- May 17: Using the Internet to Produce Revenue for Your Business
- June 7: Trying to Make a Good Deal Out of a Commercial Loan Gone Bad
- June 21: The Five Most Common Business Frauds That Every Business Should Know
- July 5: Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- August 16: Leverage and Estate Planning for Your IRA
- September 6: Successfully Managing Your Website and Marketing Brand "Me".
- September 20: Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Closed End Funds - Mysteries Revealed
- October 4: Reverse Mortgages Explained; When Recommended; When to Be Avoided
- October 9: Leverage and Estate Planning for Your IRA
- October 18: Year End Income Tax Planning. What Can You Do At This Late Date?
- November 1: Tax Qualified Plans - Still the Best Tax Shelter for Closely Held Businesses
- November 15: Captive Insurance Companies for Closely Held Businesses
- December 6: Proposition 13 and Estate Planning - The Nightmare Continues
- January 6: Deliverables That Bring Added Value And Understanding To Your Most Important Clients
- January 20: Integrated Wealth Strategies: The “Mr. and Mrs. White” Case Study
- February 3: What To Do When The IRS Comes Knocking: Tips, Traps, To-Dos, and Not To-Dos
- February 17: Integrated Wealth Strategies: The “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” Case Study
- March 3: Foreign Private Annuities
- March 17: How Do Parents Keep Control Both During Their Lifetimes And After They Are Dead. View SlideShare
- April 7: Discovery: Key To Client Value, Client Referrals And Revenue For Your Firm
- April 21: Family Lifetime Maintenance Programs.
- May 5: Retirement Risk Management
- May 19: Is Now A Good Time To Sell Your Business? Are There Other Ways For Business Owners To Get Liquidity?
- June 2: Pit Falls In Investing In Real Estate Private Offerings
- June 16: Large Pension Deductions For Closely Held Businesses.
- July 7: Estate Planning for Smaller Estates
- July 21: Stockbroker, Investment Advisor & Financial Planner Misconduct
- August 18: Pitfalls in Investing in Real Estate Private Offerings
- September 15: Buy Sell Agreements from a Valuator's Perspective
- October 6: Year End Income Tax Planning. What Can You Do At This Late Date?
- October 20: How to Hedge Your Assets for Long Term Care Needs
- November 3: IRA and Retirement Plan Beneficiary Designations - Problems and Opportunities
- November 17: Protecting the Fiduciary in Real Estate Property Sales
- December 1: Asset Protection Planning - The Advanced Course
- December 15: Tax Planning for the Sale of Your Business
- November 4: Best Way To Protect Liquid Assets?
- November 18: Year End Income Tax Planning: What Can You Do At This Late Date?
- December 2: Asset Protection Planning: The Advanced Course.
- December 16: Making The Best Possible Deal With The IRS and The FTB.
Thursday Insights Series Seminar Topic Brochures
- October - November 2014
- August - October 2014
- May - Upcoming 2014 Topics
- March - May 2014
- January - March 2014
- November - December 2013
- July - October 2013
- May - July 2013
- March - May 2013
- January - March 2013
- December - January 2013
- November - December 2012
- October - November 2012
- September - October 2012
- July - August 2012
- June - July 2012
- March - May 2012
- January - March 2012
- December - January 2012
- November - December 2011
- October - November 2011
- September - October 2011
- August - October 2011
- July - August 2011
- June - July 2011
- May - June 2011
- April - May 2011
- November - December 2010
Archived Thursday Insights Series [click here]
If you would like to access the audio recordings and/or view the handout materials, please contact us at 310-207-8008.