Thursday Insights Series
December 18 - Everything You Wanted To Know About Public Charities and Private Foundations But Were Afraid To Ask
Bruce Givner, Esq.
Givner & Kaye, A Professional Corporation
Our MCLE & CE accredited series is held in our office, and available by webinar and video, on the 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month from 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm. The series are a collaborative forum for professionals - attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors - to share uncommon knowledge, insights and practical "know how".
If you would like to access the audio recordings and/or view the handout materials from past seminars,
please contact us at 310-207-8008 or email us.
To view the SlideShares from our past seminars, please click here.
- January 16: Captives and Cash - How Captive Insurance Companies and Cash Balance Plans Can be Used as Powerful Tools to Build Wealth and Provide Other Advantages for Business Owners
- February 6: Family Limited Partnerships. View SlideShare
- February 20: Fisher Investments’ 2014 Capital Markets Outlook
- March 6: Introduction To Asset Protection Planning
- March 20: LLCs: Beyond The Basics. View SlideShare
- July 3: Section 355 Spin-Offs: How to Get Rid of a “Bad” Relative or Owner. What are the Rules? Are Private Letter Rulings Available? Case Studies
- July 17: IRS Section 1031 Exchanges - The Problem Of Drop & Swaps
- August 21: Section 482 - Transfer Pricing Problems and International Tax Planning Opportunities
- September 4: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Post-Mortem Planning but Were Afraid to Ask. View SlideShare
- September 18: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Insurance Trusts but Were Afraid to Ask
- November 6: Conservatorships & Elder Abuse - An Introduction
- November 20: IRS National Office Private Letter Rulings (and the California Equivalents).
- December 4: Protecting the Personal Residence
- December 18: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Public Charities and Private Foundations But Were Afraid to Ask
- January 17: Five Biggest Mistakes of International Trade
- February 7: Your Personal Federal Income/Estate Tax Controversy - Audit To Appeal to Court
- February 21: What I Did on My Summer Vacation - I Double My Portfolio Yield Using Stock Options!
- March 21: Federal Tax Collection Procedures: How To Defend Yourself Or Your Clients When The IRS Is Trying To Collect Past Due Taxes
- May 2: Is Now a Good Time to Sell Your Business?
- May 16: Tax Free Retirement
- June 6: Crossing Borders - A Primer on International Taxation for Individuals. View SlideShare
- June 20: Safer, Bigger, More Tax Efficient Retirement
- July 18: You’ve Become The Trustee!! Now What? View SlideShare
- August 15: Tax And Economic Benefits of Oil & Gas Drilling Partnerships
- September 19: Liability Insurance Policies - Hidden Assets, The Mysteries Revealed
- October 3: Health Care Reform Goes Live - The Affordable Care Act In Fiscal Year 2014
- October 17: Everything You Wanted To Know About Grantor (“Defective”) And Other Irrevocable Trusts But Were Afraid To Ask. View SlideShare
- November 7: Trends In Aging: “Aging Ain’t What It Used To Be”
- November 21: Everything You Wanted To Know About Living Trusts But Were Afraid To Ask
- December 5: Latest Updates On Asset Protection Planning
- January 19: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Family Trusts, But Were Afraid to Ask. View SlideShare
- February 2: The 10 Most Common Flaws in Estate Planning and How to Spot Them. View SlideShare
- February 16: Attractive Real Estate Investments During the Current Economy
- March 1: Tax Problems Faced By Real Estate Professionals and Investors
- March 15: ESOPs
- May 3: Retirement Planning for Business Owners
- May 17: Using the Internet to Produce Revenue for Your Business
- June 7: Trying to Make a Good Deal Out of a Commercial Loan Gone Bad
- June 21: The Five Most Common Business Frauds That Every Business Should Know
- July 5: Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- August 16: Leverage and Estate Planning for Your IRA
- September 6: Successfully Managing Your Website and Marketing Brand "Me".
- September 20: Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Closed End Funds - Mysteries Revealed
- October 4: Reverse Mortgages Explained; When Recommended; When to Be Avoided
- October 9: Leverage and Estate Planning for Your IRA
- October 18: Year End Income Tax Planning. What Can You Do At This Late Date?
- November 1: Tax Qualified Plans - Still the Best Tax Shelter for Closely Held Businesses
- November 15: Captive Insurance Companies for Closely Held Businesses
- December 6: Proposition 13 and Estate Planning - The Nightmare Continues
- January 6: Deliverables That Bring Added Value And Understanding To Your Most Important Clients
- January 20: Integrated Wealth Strategies: The “Mr. and Mrs. White” Case Study
- February 3: What To Do When The IRS Comes Knocking: Tips, Traps, To-Dos, and Not To-Dos
- February 17: Integrated Wealth Strategies: The “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” Case Study
- March 3: Foreign Private Annuities
- March 17: How Do Parents Keep Control Both During Their Lifetimes And After They Are Dead. View SlideShare
- April 7: Discovery: Key To Client Value, Client Referrals And Revenue For Your Firm
- April 21: Family Lifetime Maintenance Programs.
- May 5: Retirement Risk Management
- May 19: Is Now A Good Time To Sell Your Business? Are There Other Ways For Business Owners To Get Liquidity?
- June 2: Pit Falls In Investing In Real Estate Private Offerings
- June 16: Large Pension Deductions For Closely Held Businesses.
- July 7: Estate Planning for Smaller Estates
- July 21: Stockbroker, Investment Advisor & Financial Planner Misconduct
- August 18: Pitfalls in Investing in Real Estate Private Offerings
- September 15: Buy Sell Agreements from a Valuator's Perspective
- October 6: Year End Income Tax Planning. What Can You Do At This Late Date?
- October 20: How to Hedge Your Assets for Long Term Care Needs
- November 3: IRA and Retirement Plan Beneficiary Designations - Problems and Opportunities
- November 17: Protecting the Fiduciary in Real Estate Property Sales
- December 1: Asset Protection Planning - The Advanced Course
- December 15: Tax Planning for the Sale of Your Business
- November 4: Best Way To Protect Liquid Assets?
- November 18: Year End Income Tax Planning: What Can You Do At This Late Date?
- December 2: Asset Protection Planning: The Advanced Course.
- December 16: Making The Best Possible Deal With The IRS and The FTB.
Thursday Insights Series Seminar Topic Brochures
- November - December 2014
- October - November 2014
- August - October 2014
- May - Upcoming 2014 Topics
- March - May 2014
- January - March 2014
- November - December 2013
- July - October 2013
- May - July 2013
- March - May 2013
- January - March 2013
- December - January 2013
- November - December 2012
- October - November 2012
- September - October 2012
- July - August 2012
- June - July 2012
- March - May 2012
- January - March 2012
- December - January 2012
- November - December 2011
- October - November 2011
- September - October 2011
- August - October 2011
- July - August 2011
- June - July 2011
- May - June 2011
- April - May 2011
- November - December 2010
Archived Thursday Insights Series [click here]
If you would like to access the audio recordings and/or view the handout materials, please contact us at 310-207-8008.